Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Valentine's Birthday Party




This year I decided to do something different to celebrate the kids' birthdays with my family. Three separate family parties just seemed too overwhelming this year. So I decided to shake things up and see how it went. The kids' birthdays are in August, October, and April. I chose to wait until after the holidays and do a valentines themed party. It was a blast!! The kids loved it, my family had a good time, and it gave us a special opportunity to get together after we all recovered from the holidays. We were festive and all wore red for the occasion (and so if you dripped spaghetti sauce on your shirt no one would notice :). It helped me to keep things simple and celebrate on a budget while enjoying the preparations and the party.

So let's get down to dollars and cents! There were 16 people at the party including 4 kiddos. The menu was spaghetti, meatballs, bread, salad, and cupcakes. I accepted help from guests who brought the salad, bread, and some drinks. In addition to the food that I bought, I also picked up some decorations, plates, cups, and silverware from the Dollar Store. Including the cute cupcake display below. The kids and I had fun making and decorating the cupcakes!

          

So for under $45, we had three birthday parties in one great celebration! We sang to each one of the kids separately so they could each enjoy their own birthday song. This will definitely go down in our memory books and may become a new family tradition.

                          

No comments:

Post a Comment